SORAYA weddings & celebrations
SORAYA is a boutique event planning firm based in New York City. We have produced weddings, intimate gatherings, and non-profit galas throughout the world and love a reason to travel.
Our weddings are often multicultural and interfaith, occasionally multilingual and always original. SORAYA strongly supports marriage equality.
Voted an Editor’s Pick for The Knot’s “Best of Weddings” for the last three years, SORAYA has also been recognized as one of the city’s top planners by New York magazine.
Prior to founding the company in 2003, Soraya Jollon planned weddings, corporate events and private parties for noted event planners in New York and Colorado. She graduated cum laude from Dartmouth with a major in international politics and a double minor in Spanish and gender studies.
A dual citizen of the US and Spain, she is bilingual in English and Spanish as well as conversant in French and Portuguese.
You only have so many excuses to plan a spectacular large-scale event in this lifetime, so embrace the opportunity. Weddings, galas, milestone birthdays and anniversaries provide us with great excuses to throw fantastic celebrations. We’ll make sure that your guests leave saying it was the best party they’ve ever been to.
What we do:
- define and develop the atmosphere, mood or message of your event.
- put together a realistic budget.
- scout out the ideal venue.
- vet and select the best possible event team, including photographer, musicians, DJ, caterer, florist, calligrapher and more.
- help you develop the menu and attend tastings with you.
- design décor and flowers that suit your style.
- rent everything from the crystal you’ll toast with to the chair you’ll rise from to do so.
- assist with the design and wording of invitations and other stationery.
- create custom welcome bags or party favors.
- arrange for transportation.
And if your event is a wedding, we also:
- recommend bridal designers and hunt down the most sublime dress(es).
- suggest bespoke tailors for the perfect suit(s).
- advise you on a dizzying array of etiquette.
- guide you in crafting your ceremony, either civil or religious.
Just because you’d like to throw a dinner party doesn’t mean you have time to throw a dinner party. Or a cocktail party. Or a luncheon. Or a shower for your best friend. We can help you put together a dazzling event for an intimate group. We can help determine and execute a theme or visual feel for your event, set a menu and coordinate with a caterer, and much more.
If you love to entertain from time to time, we are your partners in crime.
It’s a shady little secret and you may not want to let it get out, but the truth is, you don’t have to plan your own hot dates. Let us know what you have in mind and we’ll make sure you’ve got the perfect evening all planned out, right down to the champagne and caviar (or the craft beer and artisanal hot dogs). You can take all the credit and your girlfriend-boyfriend-partner-wife-husband-whatever will be putty in your hands, my friend.
When you want to show someone a good time, we can show you the way.
Brooklyn, NY | (646) 450-2450
Check out some articles that will help you plan your wedding in New York, New Jersey and the Hudson Valley below:
- 9 Steps to Start Planning Your Wedding
- Top 10 wedding venues in New York City
- Top 10 wedding venues in Brooklyn
Have you looked at our complete Wedding Vendor Guide? You can find a variety of venues, planners, florists, dress designers and more throughout New York, New Jersey and The Hudson Valley.