A Wedding Survival Kit is a must for your big day. As much as we would love to believe that every wedding will go exactly as planned, that is simply not reality! We have photographed over 300 weddings in the past few years and it seemed like every wedding couple forgot at least a few of these items. There are a ton of things wedding couples have to think of on their big day so it is easy to forget a few things. Make sure you put together your Wedding Survival Kit a week or so before your wedding day so nothing slips through the cracks.
Wedding Survival Kit
1. Heel Stoppers – These are a must if you will need to walk across the grass at any point throughout the day. We recommend having a set for every girl in your bridal party as well as yourself. There is nothing worse than sinking into the ground in your wedding shoes!
2. Tide To Go Stick – Keep that dress white!
3. Small Sewing Kit – If we had a penny for every time we sewed a button back onto a groom’s jacket we would be rich!
4. Mints – Keep that first kiss fresh!
5. Benadryl – because you just never know! Having an allergic reaction to something on your wedding day could be catastrophic!
6. Bobby Pins – It always seems like there are never enough Bobby pins!
7. Tissues – For all the reasons!
8. Bug Spray – Having an outdoor ceremony during the summer? Bug bites are super annoying and can kill your mood. They also don’t look that great in pictures! Your guests would benefit from this as well if you have some as they arrive at the ceremony.
9. Chapstick – No one likes kissing cracked lips! This goes for Grooms too!
10. Pepcid AC – If you will be drinking at all during your wedding day these are great to have on hand. No one wants acid reflux on their big day.
11. Nail Clippers – Because random hangnails are not cool!
12. Hair Spray – When the makeup artist has already headed out and you have that one rebellious hair that is driving you nuts!
13. Lint Roller – Because snow looks great on the ground, not on your outfit.
14. Sunscreen – Because Cancer is bad!
15. Blotting Papers – Because you are human and humans sweat. Sweat is not friends with makeup. Have your maid of honor or best man have a few of them in case you need one during your portraits etc.
16. Clear Nail Polish – Keep those nails looking good! Fix a chip and get back in the action!
17. Clear Umbrella – There is always a chance of rain on your wedding day so plan ahead and purchase enough for each bridal party member. Leave all the tags on so you can return them if it doesn’t rain. Make sure you get a clear umbrella like the one we linked to. Do Not buy a bubble Style umbrella. They will block people’s faces in pictures.
18. Baby Powder – Because sweat is not cool and neither is chaffing.
19. Mini First Aid Kit – This is a big one!
20. Super Glue – Fix the broken shoe sole etc.
21. White Chalk – If you can’t get a small stain out of a wedding dress you can rub white chalk on it! Magic!
22. Floss – Because the broccoli from the veggie tray in your bridal suite should stay on the tray or live in your tummy, not in your teeth!
23. Phone Charger – Because we all have that one person that just can’t be on time… They can grab the groom’s pants from Paul’s house!
24. Lighter – Take care of frayed edges on dresses or get rid of pesky strings.
25. Granola Bars – Because you will forget to eat just like 99% of wedding couples. PS. Drinking on an empty stomach is bad.
26. Eye Drops – Bloodshot eyes don’t look good on most people. Clear up those eyes after you shed a few tears.
27. Deodorant – Because someone will most likely forget this and you don’t want to smell them all day.
28. Acetaminophen – Easy on the stomach and relieves pain
29. Tampons – Hopefully you won’t need them but it’s possible the whole “being human” thing could get in your way.
So there you have it! The 29 things most wedding couples forget. Put together your wedding survival kit and have it ready to go about a week before your wedding day.
If you don’t feel like going out an grabbing everything on our list you are in luck! We found a few pre-made Wedding Survival Kits that include most of what we mentioned on Amazon.
We have 2 more quick tips for you. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you sign up for an Wedding Registry. This is an awesome way to be able to add things you may want or need from any store. It also gives you 10-20% off!
If you don’t already, you may want to get an Amazon Prime if you will be ordering a lot of things for your wedding day. Returns are easy and most things have FREE 2-day shipping.
If these were helpful let us know!