Bellow is the job description and the requirements for applying for the position:
A boutique photography studio located in Park Slope, Brooklyn is looking for a Part time Production Assistant. This position is to assist the studio manager once or twice a week from 10:30-6:30pm in the post production process of the portrait side of the business. Candidate should be a self -motivated person with interest and some skills in working with images doing retouching or layout. Best if you enjoy being around families and children as this is who we photograph.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Post Production:
Edit portrait shoots and prepare presentation for clients
Retouch images ordered by clients
Place orders to lab.
Receiving orders from lab
Packaging with studio packaging materials
– Greeting clients and explaining services when studio manager or photographer is not available
– Studio maintenance: Help with maintaining the studio clean and general maintenance.
Knowledge and interest in photography. You do not have to be a photographer.
Retouching skills in Photoshop, but most of all a desire to learn more
Highly organized and detail oriented
Graphic design skills in Photoshop are a plus
Possibilities for expanding job description for more work hours in the future.
– Presenting: show clients images from shoots and help them select, create layouts for their homes and order images best suited for what they need and want. Good communication skills and a good eye a must.
– Graphic design: create flyers, album layouts and promotional materials
– Office administration; Managing the calendar and schedule of the the studio/ answering phones and responding to client questions and needs. Superior communication skills a must .
1. An email introducing yourself, your background, why you are interested in working with us and what other work or activities you have or are looking for so we understand how your schedule fits with our part time offer. Thursday would be one of the work days.
2. Links to samples of your work so we can see if your style is either similar or complimentary to ours
3. Your phone number and email so we can contact you once we have reviewed all the responses
Please Do not send email attachments and do not call.
Please put PRODUCTION ASSISTANT in subject line of your email.
Email to: email@example.com
ONLY candidates that send links to samples of work will be considered. Even if you have limited experience,…you may have an eye we like or have a personality that fits with the work we do